Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Lace Chronicles


I'm so sorry for the lack of posts, it's been what, six days since my last post? I wasn't being very productive at the end of last week due to an abundance of tests. Over the weekend, we tiled our basement (which we are building ourselves, especially my padre!). My dad cut the slate tiles that need to be cut and laid down the cement "goop," I laid down all of the slate and made them straight and look in pretty patterns (since it was Indian slate and had different colors and patterns on every one), and my mom cleaned the tiles that got the cement goop on them. It took the whole weekend, and yesterday I was all pooped out! I think I have finally recovered, though. My thighs have stopped hurting-- I didn't know there were so many different muscles in your legs and back, it was such an amazing feeling of pain, haha!

The shirt is my mom's from the late 70's, and it is most gorgeous and frilly and wonderful, even though I discovered halfway through the day that I was wearing it backwards (nobody noticed other than one person). I think it looks nice either way. Plus, the shoes that I ordered finally came in last week, and for being so high, they're surprisingly comfortable!


F21 belt, Merona skirt, vintage lace shirt

8 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

that vintage top of yours has such gorgeous detailing!!! and i love your shoes to death. oh! and that snake ring...can i have it? haha :)
yay for finishing all that tiling! hopefully the end result is worth all that pain and work!

Jen Hsieh said...

ahh, thanks for letting me know my pictures aren't showing up. i'll fix it asap! :)

Ana Rita Patinha said...

I love your blouse, so beautiful :D
nice blog you have ;)
xxx

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

The shirt is DEFINITELY gorgeous and beautiful and wonderful. I love it so much!

And those shoes are pretty awesome too. You look tres victorian.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

Jess said...

You mom's closet sounds like an awesome place to raid - that lace top is fab :)

ZANAH said...

Lovely blouse!!! :) Mon Mode Blog

Tzoulia Kadoglou said...

keep going on with ur blog =)
good work!


I hope u visit me and follow me.

greetings from the cold germany.

tzoules k.

I am Khatu said...

I love this look, from head to toe.