Monday, May 30, 2016

Black Star + BornPretty



______BornPretty sent me over some summery accessories: these retro butterfly-shaped sunglasses, a tiny silver infinity ring, and an open bracelet tipped with prismatic crystal cubes that shimmer like the sun-kissed wings of a dragonfly. Dramatic description, I know. I try to go all out with these things.

______I'm pretty sure my dog could sit on these sunglasses and they wouldn't break; they're so sturdy it's like they're made from the bulging forearms of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Same goes for this bracelet; I'm pretty sure I could chuck it at Arnold Schwarzenegger and it could even knock that rock of a man out. I love me some sturdy jewelry that doubles as weaponry.

______I digress. As usual, you can get 10% off your order at BornPretty with the code ALT10.





______I am aware that I was wearing a black jacket in the swarming 90-degree heat. I did it for the fashion and immediately had to chuck it in the washing machine afterward.




______For the next week, I'll be in North Carolina for a fabric-dyeing workshop, and a day after I return home, daddy-o and I will be driving up to North Dakota and Montana to see our relatives. So much driving. So many gas station snack stops. That being said, if you don't see anything for me until late June, it's not because I went off in pursuit of David Bowie in outer space or fell ill from eating the consumption of too many Rolos and Tootsie Pops; though those are things I would likely do, it will simply be because of The Traveling (all caps necessary).

______I hope you all have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious next two weeks. I was so close to spelling that right. I interchanged an "a" for what should have been an "i."

______Keep your spelling sharp, folks.



Jacket: Forever 21
Top: TJ Maxx
Skirt: Urban Outfitters (exact)
Heels: ASOS
Bracelet: c/o BornPretty
Sunglasses: c/o BornPretty
Infinity ring: c/o BornPretty
Earrings: Steinmart
Necklace: vintage

4 comments:

Lostvestige said...

Love your accessories! And that's awesome how sturdy they are, I am always dropping/losing stuff so that would be great for me. Wow, that is quite a long drive. Have fun and enjoy it!

The Dragonfruit said...

Ali, you are SLAYING in this all-black outfit! Albeit yes, lol I'd be the exact same. 5 minutes in a hot outfit then toss it in the laundry xD Doin it for the fashion!
Hope you're having a spectacular artistic time at your workshop!! Don't die in a cabin in the woods...lol

The Dragonfruit Diaries
Visit my YouTube channel!

Frannie Pantz said...

You look so cool here I can hardly stand it!!! And what better security than the Terminator's arms directly on your temple? And they are cute to boot!

Lorna said...

these shoes ! :o

xxx

hugs from paris,
http://lornasharp.blogspot.com